Diabetic blood sugar levels: how to manage them?
Diabetes is a chronic medical condition affects millions of people worldwide. It is a disease occurs due to the body’s inability to produce enough insulin or the inability to use insulin effectively. Glucose levels in the body are regulated by insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas. When the body cannot produce enough insulin or use it effectively, it can lead to an increase in blood sugar levels, which can cause various health complications. The aspects of managing diabetes are to control your blood sugar levels. High blood sugar levels can lead to various complications such as nerve damage, kidney disease, and even blindness. Therefore, it is essential to manage your blood sugar levels effectively to prevent these complications.
- Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly- One of the most effective ways to manage your blood sugar levels is to monitor them regularly. You can use a blood glucose meter to check your blood sugar levels at home. Knowing how different foods affect your blood sugar levels is possible by checking your levels before and after meals. You can also use continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) devices that provide real-time blood sugar readings.
- Follow a healthy diet- Healthy fats, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables should all be included in your diet. Foods high in fat, sugar, and processed should be limited in your diet. Eating smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day can also help you maintain your blood sugar levels.
- Exercise regularly- It helps you manage your blood sugar levels effectively. diabetes foreskin crack help your body use insulin more efficiently, which can lower your blood sugar levels. At least thirty minutes of exercise per day, five times a week, should be your goal. You can choose any physical activity that you enjoy, such as walking, cycling, or swimming.
- Take your medication as prescribed- If you are taking medication for diabetes, take it as prescribed by your doctor. You can prevent complications from type 2 diabetes by taking your medications. You should also inform your doctor if you experience any side effects from your medication.
- Manage stress- Stress can affect your blood sugar levels, to manage stress effectively. You practice relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, or yoga to reduce stress. Getting enough sleep can also help you manage stress better.
- Maintain a healthy weight- Maintaining a healthy weight is important for managing diabetes. Blood sugar levels are controlled and complications are prevented with them. You achieve a healthy weight by following a healthy diet and exercising regularly.
- Stay hydrated– Drinking enough water is important for managing diabetes. Dehydration causes your blood sugar levels to rise, so it is important to stay hydrated. At least eight glasses of water should be consumed throughout the day by you and your family members. Working with a healthcare provider, registered dietitian, or diabetes educator help you develop a personalized plan to manage your blood sugar levels effectively.